Monday, December 31, 2007

The Dawn of Carl

Many great philosophies and the ways of life which resulted from them were born from wisdom and wizened discourse between great people. The Carl was born from confusion and thus that state of mind is one of the defining characteristics of obtaining a state of true Carl. Travel with me now to the days of yesteryear and witness, if not the birth of the state of Carl, at least the moment that it acquired its name.

Shawn, Sharon, my husband and I were playing Diablo II on Battle.net when I started to receive messages from someone I did not know. Each of these messages (from someone with the name "Angel Kitty" or some such) were directed at "Carl". The messages kept popping up on my screen insistently:

AngelKitty: Meet me in a new game, Carl.
AngelKitty: Are you coming, Carl?
AngelKitty: Do you want to trade, Carl?

I knew that I was not "Carl" yet I continued to receive messages as if I were. After awhile, it became clear that we were all Carl and angelic messages were being sent to us so that we might begin to realize our true state of being through having it named. So it began, and so it has been.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear, i'm feeling like stu sutcliffe. no mention at all of the presence of the fabulous foobear at the Dawn of Carl.

foobear

Orchid64 said...

Hey there, Foo. It's good to "see" you again. :-)

Despite how quiet we've been on the blog front, we're still hanging around together in both GW and Diablo. If you end up on either, let us know!

Shari

Anonymous said...

hey back at ya, Shari

I succumbed a while back to the fatal attraction that is World of Warcraft. This despite being ne of those that thought he would never pay a monthly fee to play a game : ). On the plus side, I've started loading Guild wars back on to my computer. Just have to pick up the latest expansion.So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that I may end up back on at some point, though how i'd find the Carls in game i'm not sure (maybe follow the Yellow Brick Wombats.....). And of course D2 is still loaded on my system.....

the fabulous foobear

P.S. Loving the Monster FLower blog.....